i downloaded Intel HAXM from here – https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-hardware-accelerated-execution-manager. This will give you “haxm-windows_v6_0_4.zip”
i face a problem when try to install Intel HAXM on my Windows 7 64bit. The error “Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver”
Quick Googling bring me to this site which talk about the workaround – https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2013/04/25/workaround-patch-for-haxm-installation-error-failed-to-configure-driver-unknown
However, the result is still the same. Maybe the provided script was not meant for 2016.
From the workaround article, it is noted that the driver is part of the installer. Here is what i did
- Unzip the “haxm-windows_v6_0_4.zip”.
- Decompress the “intelhaxm-android.exe”
- Decompress “hax64_legacy.msi”
- Rename “intelhaxm.inf.win7_64” to “intelhaxm.inf”
- Rename “intelhaxm.sys.win7_64” to “intelhaxm.sys”
- Rename “intelhaxm_x86.cat.win7_64” to “intelhaxm_x64.cat” – noted x86 changed to x64. This was because the following error encountered:
- Via command prompt, execute “HaxInst64.exe -i intelhaxm.inf.win7_64”